Thursday, October 28, 2010

Psalm 40

 I waited patiently for the LORD; 
       he turned to me and heard my cry.
 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
       out of the mud and mire;
       he set my feet on a rock
       and gave me a firm place to stand.
 He put a new song in my mouth,
       a hymn of praise to our God.
       Many will see and fear
       and put their trust in the LORD.
 Blessed is the man
       who makes the LORD his trust,
       who does not look to the proud,
       to those who turn aside to false gods.
 Many, O LORD my God,
       are the wonders you have done.
       The things you planned for us
       no one can recount to you;
       were I to speak and tell of them,
       they would be too many to declare.
 Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
       but my ears you have pierced ;
       burnt offerings and sin offerings
       you did not require.
 Then I said, "Here I am, I have come—
       it is written about me in the scroll.
 I desire to do your will, O my God;
       your law is within my heart."

Psalm 40: 1-8


I have been feeling weak. Useless in the Kingdom of God. Not deserving of grace... feeling inadequate to be surrounded by the body of Christ. Sinful and broken.. And then the Lord wraps his comfort around me, whispers to me that He loves me wholeheartedly, unconditionally and passionately. He leads me to His word, which comforts my unsettled mind, mends my broken heart and speaks to my soul. 

He makes me feel whole again. He gives me strength. He uses me even when I feel weak. I know He leads me lovingly. I pray that he rips away my fear and insecurities. Today, and every day I am thankful for grace... thankful for the life I have been given, and what Christ has done for me... for us all.


Lord -- be with me in all my words, actions and thoughts. I just want to You, Father. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home