Friday, July 30, 2010

Wishes and Reality

If I had it my way I would just travel the world with a film camera and the task of finding the best donut on earth.

Yes, that would be perfect.

But for now I have my mind set on running. Yes, you heard right... running. Me. The girl who hates running. Who dramatically and openly despises running. The girl who also secretly envies those runners in the heat of Texas, with their sculpted legs and determined faces.... I have started running, with a big push from my ohsocool-runner of a best friend Maycie. This is week one and my legs sting and burn, and getting up at 6:30 am is a serious bummer, but I'm excited. And scared. Oh, and supposedly going to be able to run a half marathon by the end of February. Ha. Ha. Ha..... make that very scared.


It's my birthday weekend and I'll be headed to Nathan's parents house (today is his birthday!) for dinner, relaxation (I really love his family, they are such a blessing) and trip to Canton for the ultimate flea market experience. Here's to hoping I find pretty things!

Yum... I want to try a donut from every country I visit by the end of my life. Don't judge me.

One day.

Hoping to find pretty tea cups and vintage books in Canton this weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger ~she~ said...

Wow, we are in the same exact boat right now! I've been persuaded, into running a relay team for a September marathon. That's definitely far from your half marathon challenge but still very scary to me. I ran with a partner for the first time last night and nearly died. Oh, and my hair was also very messy. Maybe we're separated at birth? :) Good luck to you!

July 30, 2010 at 11:13 AM  
Blogger Amy Golden said...

Those doughnuts look so pretty. I...want to figure out a way to wear them. Somehow.

August 1, 2010 at 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home